Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent Sunday

http://www.opawastmartins.com/

This is a new church (St Anne's, 7 Wilson's Road) built on the site of the building in which my parents were married and I was baptised. I went there on Sunday morning (yesterday) and found myself in the company of a cousin from each side of my family! The cross has an inscription on it dated March 1951, so was in use for both of the family occasions mentioned. The children had made Advent wreathes to take home, which were very pretty. In the evening I went to the church in which my grandparents and one of my aunts were married, for their Advent carol service (St Michael's, Oxford Terrace), which was lovely. I met up with Diana and Ron, Graeme Watson's sister and brother-in-law and spoke with the priest, who grew up with my cousin Heuchan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home